Saturday, August 7, 2010

"Um" My Version




The Red Queen: And what is this?
White Rabbit: It's a who, majesty. This is... um...
The Red Queen: 'Um'?
Alice Kingsley: From Umbridge.
The Red Queen: What happened to your clothes?
Alice Kingsley: I outgrew them. I've been growing an awful lot lately. I tower over everyone in Umbridge. They laugh at me. So, I've come to you hoping you might understand what it's like.
The Red Queen: My dear girl, anyone with a head that large is welcome in my court. Someone find her some clothes, use the curtains if you must, but clothe this enormous girl.


Well if you have seen the movie and even if you haven't the dress the Red Queen give Alice is an amazing dress.

My oldest daughter asked me to make it for a party she promised to help and we did make the dress today after weeks of talking about it and studying it. The most painful thing was not all the gathering. It was trying to work out the over skirt and the top layer of the bodice. Though the bodice I feel needs boning now that I look at it she does have a corset hopefully that will give the bodice a better form.

After alot of searching andhunting for fabric or even ribbon like that daisy ribbon i was resigned to sewing the daisys on the ribbon my self then I found some fabric in my stash with daisies all in a row. Perfect !

No comments:

Post a Comment